All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionThis student-friendly textbook offers a comprehensive introduction to globalization studies and the European Union within a multipolar world. It provides its readers with critical analysis of the key concepts of multilateral global and regional governance and Europe's role in the world; and this in an accessible and intelligible fashion. This volume collects contributions by eminent scholars from world class universities from five different continents. As such, this unique exercise in transnational multi-disciplinary cooperation, provides extensive coverage of the main issues pertaining to multilateral cooperation - tably its history, troubles, legitimacy challenges and efficiency questions - from a variety of national perspectives. The book covers the major issues confronting students of European and global studies, amongst which: pressing security challenges, new forms of institutionalized cooperation, shifting international trade flows, the tion of responsibility to protect, social imbalances and environmental emergencies, the need for less contingent forms of legitimacy for global regulation, as well as global public opinion and transnational civil society networks. Each chapter includes a summary of its salient points; methodological indications; illuminating illustrations; and a suggested list for further reading. This textbook strives to help students develop a better and more secure grasp of the invative balance between interdisciplinary openness and disciplinary rigor when engaging with global governance studies, comparative regionalism, rmative studies, international political ecomy or international law.
- Author BiographyMario Telo is Jean Monnet professor of International Relations at Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium, and teaches EU institutions at LUISS, Rome, Italy.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/02/2014
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleGlobalisation, Europe, Multilateralism Series
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 16 b&w illustrations
- Weight1104 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edited byProfessor Mario Telo
- Series Edited byProfessor Mario Telo
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.