All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGlobalization, rapidly evolving communication and information techlogy, and the spread of democracy across the world are reshaping public organizations and changing governance. Yet, graduate students and public administration academics have limited resources with which to develop a real-world understanding of the conceptual evolution and the changing contextual relationships in the field. Helping to fill this void, Globalism and Comparative Public Administration examines comparative public administration from the 1960s to the present-providing an integrated and realistic view of the comparative perspective and its rationale. It explores the development and contributions of the comparative approach and explains how it is essential for developing the depth and breadth needed to transform public administration to a global field of learning and practice. Building on the success of the 2002 edition, the book covers new topics and offers expanded discussions on globalism, governance, and global ethics. From classic models to vel concepts and practices, this volume provides an exhaustive view of the development of the comparative perspective and its contributions of practical administrative kwledge that are applicable beyond national boundaries.
- Author BiographyJamil E. Jreisat is Professor of Public Administration and Political Science, Department of Government and International Affairs, University of South Florida (USF). He is the author of over one hundred books, chapters, and articles on public administration theory and process, comparative public administration, and development administration with a focus on the Arab states. Professor Jreisat is an internationally recognized expert who has consulted to the World Bank, UNDP, German Technical Assistance (GTZ), and the Institute of Development Administration of the League of Arab States. He serves on the editorial boards of several professional publications and is the associate editor of the Journal of Asian and African Studies. Professor Jreisat is the recipient of many awards including the USF Award for Professional Excellence.
- Author(s)Jamil E. Jreisat
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication16/08/2011
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitlePublic Administration and Public Policy
- Series Part/Volume Number161
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note1 black & white tables
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.