All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExamining how youths in fourteen industrialized societies make the transition to adulthood in an era of globalization and rising uncertainty, this collection of essays investigates the impact that institutions working with social groups of youths have upon those youths' abilities to make adult decisions determining their life courses. Covering both Europe and North America, the book includes case studies, and contains country-specific contributions on conservative, social-democratic, post-socialist, liberal and familistic welfare regimes, as well as data from the GLOBALIFE project. Filling the gap in the market on the micro effects of globalization on individuals, and taking an empirical approach to the topic, this impressive volume brings the individual and nation-specific institutions back into the discussion on globalization.
- Author BiographyHans-Peter Blossfeld is the director of the GLOBALIFE program and is the Professor and Chair in Comparative Sociology at the Otto-Friedrich University of Bamberg. He has been Editor of European Sociologiocal Review and is Associate Editor of International Sociology. Erik Klijzing is the Executive Director of the International Union for the Scientific Study of Population in France. He has worked internationally as a population expert including positions with the United Nations. Melinda Mills is Assistant Professor in the Department of Socio-Cultural Sciences at the Vrije University, Amsterdam. She is the Editor of International Sociology Karin Kurz is Assistant Professor in the Faculty of Social and Economic Sciences at the Otto-Friedrich University of Bamberg. Her research interests include social inequality, social stratification, housing, the labor market and the life course.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/10/2008
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight703 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byErik Klijzing,Hans-Peter Blossfeld,Karin Kurz,Melinda Mills
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $29.85Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.