All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow fully revised and updated, this seminal text asks if there is cultural life after the clash of civilizations and global McDonaldization. Jan Nederveen Pieterse argues that what is taking place is a global culture of hybridization. In a new chapter, the author explores East-West hybridities-the idea that globalization is a process of braiding rather than simply a diffusion from developed to developing countries. His historically deep and geographically wide approach to globalization is essential reading as we face the spread of conflicts bred by cultural misunderstanding.
- Author BiographyJan Nederveen Pieterse is Mellichamp Professor of Global Studies and Sociology at the University of California, Santa Barbara.
- Author(s)Jan Nederveen Pieterse
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication16/03/2009
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Series TitleGlobalization
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Out-of-print date09/07/2015
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables
- Weight454 g
- Width162 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.