All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionGiven the importance of globalization in today's world, this salutary and timely book explores how globalization is specifically shaping the Asia-Pacific. It investigates future prospects and challenges, identifies the key winners and losers, and concludes in many cases that the portents for globalization are t particularly promising. Prominent ecomists and policy scholars examine a wide range of topics pertinent to globalization and ecomic integration in the Asia-Pacific, encompassing macroecomic coordination and financial market integration; regionalism and preferential trade agreements; and immigration and labor markets, including gender issues and the impact of outsourcing. Through these analyses, the expert contributors illustrate the importance of market participants and regulators clearly understanding the risks associated with the present stage of globalization. They show that national policy makers need to reconfigure the regulatory framework following international lessons from previous financial crises experienced in the last two decades, and that financial literacy is essential for market participants, especially in emerging ecomies. Many of the issues discussed will prove useful in promoting the development of a new international financial architecture, comprising measures that will help reap the full benefits of globalization. This stimulating and challenging book will strongly appeal to academics, advanced undergraduates, postgraduates, researchers, and policy makers in the fields of Asian studies, international ecomics, and international business.
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2010
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byAhmed M. Khalid,Noel Gaston
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.