All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs national planners codify and enact the university, state, and market alliance-amid global higher education trends towards internationalization, competition, and massification-debates on the efficacy of this merger have increased in recent years, clarifying a real or perceived significance. Bologna has been the conceptual vehicle within which many European nations have sought to reorient often disparate higher education sectors in order to forge the European Higher Education Area, a move replete with social, political, ecomic, and cultural significance. Yet, the extent to which Bologna has fomented qualitative policy change in developing post-communist nations like Albania remains ambiguous. Globalization and Higher Education in Albania explores how international educational trends mitigate higher education policy and practice in Albania, a nation which continues its complex and evolving transition from communism to a more open society. Based on archival research, original fieldwork, and supplementary interviews with subjects who in many cases work and live amidst Albania's ongoing physical and psychosocial post-communist transformation, Jevdet Rexhepi clarifies how the interplay between global and local forces manifests in key sector policy documents and related frameworks and institutions, and he thoughtfully considers how higher education positions Albania on individual and collective levels to respond to the challenges and opportunities of globalization and the kwledge society.
- Author BiographyJevdet Rexhepi is currently Regional Scholar for Eurasia at the Cultural Knowledge Consortium, a joint inter-agency, multinational effort that provides access to sociocultural expertise for governmental, military and academic partners. Sought after for his knowledge on education, development and sociocultural issues across the Balkans, Caucasus, and MENA regions, he frequently offers consultancy to a variety of international stakeholders. With numerous writing projects underway, Rexhepi continues to serve on the board of several journals, while remaining active in academia via student mentoring and service on dissertation committees in the U.S. and overseas.
- Author(s)Jevdet Rexhepi
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication23/08/2013
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, 8 tables
- Weight426 g
- Width159 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.