All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThis edited volume explores transnational gestational surrogacy and how its practice is changing the traditional concept of parenthood across the globe. The phemen has given rise to a thriving international industry where money is being 'legally' exchanged for babies and 'reproductive labor' has taken on a lucrative commercial tone. This interdisciplinary collection of essays addresses significant issues in commercial gestational surrogacy as it plays out in a peculiar relation between the United States and India.
- Author BiographySayantani DasGupta is assistant clinical professor of pediatrics and a core faculty member of the Program in Narrative Medicine at Columbia University. Shamita Das Dasgupta is cofounder of Manavi, an organization focusing on violence against South Asian women in the United States. She teaches at New York University Law School.
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication14/02/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Weight531 g
- Width164 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited bySayantani DasGupta,Shamita Das Dasgupta
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.