Globalization and the Indian Economy: Roadmap to a Convertible Rupee by Satyendra S. Nayak (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $62.16Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $27.50+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines the impact of globalization on the Indian economy, exploring the trade, investment and financial aspects of globalization, and also considering its implications for the balance of payments and currency exchange rate. The first part of the book deals with the evolution of the philosophy of globalization and its impact on exchange rates, global liquidity, currency markets, and global trade and payments. It highlights the catalytic role played by the US in driving the globalization process, and provides detailed analysis of the evolution of the international monetary system to illustrate current processes of globalization. Furthermore, a critical discussion of the Asian financial crisis of 1997 is presented as well as the lessons that have emerged from the crisis. The Indian economic experience and its own policy of dealing with globalization is the focus of second part of the book. The author examines the genesis of economic reforms and liberalization in India. The success of the Indian policy of gradualism is discussed in the context of the Asian crisis, and the reasons as to why India averted a similar crisis are explored. Finally, the author examines whether the Indian currency, the rupee, can be made fully convertible. This book makes a valuable contribution to the literature on globalization and development and should be of interest to academics interested in the global economy, international finance, international development and also to academics with an interest in South Asian Studies.
- Author BiographySatyendra S. Nayak is an independent advisor and consultant. His experience stems from 27 years of working in Commercial Banking and Mutual Fund at the Bank of Baroda and Unit Trust in India, as well as years of experience in operation, international finance, project financing, foreign exchange operations, mutual fund management, equity and debt investments and portfolio management. He received his PhD in International Economics and Finance from the University of Bombay, India. He teaches at ICFAI Business School in Mumbai in the Centre for Advanced Banking and Finance Studies.
- Author(s)Satyendra S. Nayak
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/06/2009
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, 22 black & white tables, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight294 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.91Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.60Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.