All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Globalization' is one of the key concepts of our time. It is used by both the right and the left as the cornerstone of their analysis of the international ecomy and polity. In both political and academic discussions, the assumption is commonly made that the process of ecomic globalization is well under way and that this represents a qualitatively new stage in the development of international capitalism. But is there in fact such a thing as a genuinely global ecomy? Globalization in Question investigates this tion, providing a very different account of the international ecomy and stressing the possibilities for its continued and extended governance. The new edition of this best-selling text has been thoroughly revised and updated to take into account new issues which have become salient in the period since the first and second editions were published. Several new chapters have been added and others combined or re-written to assess the growing supra-national regionalization of the international ecomy, the emergence of India and China as new super-powers, and the possibilities for the continued governance of the global system. A new author has been added to strengthen the analytical embrace of the book given the untimely death of Paul Hirst in 2003. Globalization in Question, Third Edition, is a continuing intervention into current discussions about the nature and prospects of globalization. The book has far-reaching implications which will be of interest to students and academics in a number of disciplines including politics, sociology, ecomics and geography, as well as to journalists and policy-makers.
- Author BiographyPaul Hirst (deceased) was Professor of Social Theory at Birkbeck, University of London. Grahame Thompson is Professor of Political Economy at the Open University. Simon Bromley is Senior Lecturer in Politics and International Studies at the Open University.
- Author(s)Grahame F. Thompson,Paul Q. Hirst,Simon Bromley
- PublisherPolity Press
- Date of Publication27/02/2009
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolity Press
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight488 g
- Width161 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.