All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe analysis identifies the four socio-psychological constructs identification with a media character, schadenfreude, social comparison, and vicarious embarrassment, as important responses in the context of reality TV. Besides numerous determinants, these constructs are also linked to consequences. In particular, Eva Katharina Hammes identifies schadenfreude and identification as positive responses for the viewer. Vicarious embarrassment is found to be a rather complex response that elicits diverse consequences. Social comparison with its upward and downward forms was found to be very important during the consumption of reality TV programs and also serves as a moderator for the relationship between the identified determinants and associated socio-psychological constructs.
- Author BiographyEva Katharina Hammes studied Information Management at the University of Koblenz-Landau. After receiving her master's degree, she joined the working group for Media and Service Management at the University of Koblenz-Landau as a doctoral student. In September 2015, Eva Katharina Hammes joined the Chair of General Management and Marketing of the Friedrich-Schiller-University in Jena as a research assistant.
- Author(s)Eva Katharina Hammes
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication31/05/2016
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer Gabler
- Content Note19 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight334 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.