All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.69
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.73
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.70
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.56
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.51
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $17.63
About this product
- DescriptionA Mississippi town in 1964 gets riled when tempers flare at the segregated public pool. As much as Gloriana June Hemphill, or Glory as everyone kws her, wants to turn twelve, there are times when Glory wishes she could turn back the clock a year. Jesslyn, her sister and former confidante, longer has the time of day for her w that she'll be entering high school. Then there's her best friend, Frankie. Things have always been so easy with Frankie, and w suddenly they aren't. Maybe it's the new girl from the North that's got everyone out of sorts. Or maybe it's the debate about whether or t the town should keep the segregated public pool open. Augusta Scattergood has drawn on real-life events to create a memorable vel about family, friendship, and choices that aren't always easy.
- Author BiographyFormer librarian and children's book reviewer Augusta Scattergood has devoted her life and career to getting books into the hands of young readers. Her reviews and articles have appeared in THE CHRISTIAN SCIENCE MONITOR, DELTA MAGAZINE, the ST. PETERSBURG TIMES, and other publications. Additionally, Augusta is an avid blogger. Please visit her at www.augustascattergood.com. She lives in St. Pete Beach, Florida.
- Author(s)Augusta Scattergood
- PublisherScholastic Press
- Date of Publication30/12/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScholastic Press
- Weight136 g
- Width132 mm
- Height188 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.