All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn a new century in which the values of the past are dissolving and those of the future are frightening, the poems of GLORY RIVER pit precise observation, extravagant language, and humor against despair in an attempt to find a way to live. Huddle opens with a sequence of exceptional tales about an imaginary hamlet in the mountains of Virginia. The residents of Glory River are rough, crude, and full of fight, but eager to tell their stories, to explain how / in that place they had become the people / they were. Huddle also includes a series of poems exploring modern life, touching upon subjects as diverse as memory, family, art, politics, and pain. Accessible and often humorous, the poems in GLORY RIVER range from the strange and extraordinary happenings in the fantastical Virginia town to the painful, hopeful, and less magical situations that can occur in real lives.
- Author BiographyDavid Huddle is the author of fifteen books of poetry, fiction, and essays, including The Story of a Million Years, La Tour Dreams of the Wolf Girl, Summer Lake: New and Selected Poems, and Grayscale. He teaches at the University of Vermont, the Bread Loaf School of English, and the Rainier Writing Workshop.
- Author(s)David Huddle
- PublisherLSU Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleSouthern Messenger Poets
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLSU Press
- Weight227 g
- Width145 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $36.17Trending at AU $70.69
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.