All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.80Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionOn a rainy night in Gothenburg in May 1983 twelve young Scotsmen turned the footballing world on its head. Against all the odds, those players took on the might of Spanish giants Real Madrid, and beat them convincingly. Aberdeen were winners of the European Cup Winners Cup. The manager, Alex Ferguson, would go on to become one of the greats, his team Pittodrie legends. The tale of that season, the remarkable triumph in the Ullevi Stadium and of the men who made it possible has never fully been told - until w. Glory In Gothenburg goes behind the scenes, deep into the inner sanctum, and through a series of in-depth interviews with all the main characters reveals what made that side and those players so special and what drove them on to achieve unparalleled success. Thirty years later, the story remains one of the most astonishing in the history of Scottish football.
- Author BiographyRichard Gordon is the long-time presenter of BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound programme and a life-long Aberdeen FC fan. His passion for football was sparked by the 1970 Scottish Cup semi-final, his beloved Dons winning that day and going on to beat Celtic to lift the silverware. He followed the club throughout their glory years, watching them collect trophy after trophy, and remains a passionate supporter in these less successful times. Richard passed the poisoned chalice on to the first-born of his four children, Kiefer, but prefers not to mention that his other son, Oliver, is a follower of Dundee FC. Richard Gordon lives in Aberdeen.
- Author(s)Richard Gordon
- PublisherBlack and White Publishing
- Date of Publication11/10/2012
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlack and White Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.), ports. (some col.)
- Width155 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.