All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA diverse collection of recipes that are naturally gluten-free, but just as tempting as traditional baked goods. Many expect gluten free baked goods will be less delicious and satisfying than those baked with wheat flour. Not so with these recipes, which are just as over-the-top delicious as any you would find in a bakeshop display case. Author Kristine Kidd is a former editor at Bon Appetit and a gourmet chef. When she learned that she had celiac disease, she made it her mission to learn to eat and cook as well as she had before, without skimping on healthy ingredients or flavor. Recipes span a range of baked goods, from breakfast items and crusty breads to cookies and cakes, pies and quiches and other baked deserts. All of then utilize naturally gluten-free ingredients like eggs, cream, butter, oats, buckwheat and more, with an eye towards avoiding processed substitutes and embracing whole grains. With details on how to set up a gluten-free pantry and an ingredients primer, you ll be armed with everything you need on how to be healthy and gluten free, without sacrificing taste and texture of your favorite foods.
- Author BiographyAfter recently discovering that she had celiac disease, and facing significant changes to her lifestyle, Kristine Kidd had only one objective: to eat as well as she always had. Kristine was the food editor of Bon Appetit magazine for more than 20 years. She has written five cookbooks, including Weeknight Fresh & Fast and Weeknight Gluten Free and blogs about cooking and gluten-free living at www.kristinekidd.com.
- Author(s)Kristine Kidd
- PublisherWeldon Owen, Incorporated
- Date of Publication23/01/2015
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWeldon Owen, Incorporated
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight748 g
- Width216 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.