Gluten-Free Recipes for People with Diabetes: A Complete Guide to Healthy, Gluten-Free Living by Nancy S. Hughes (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.92Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.94+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRecent estimates suggest that nearly one out of every 20 people with type 1 diabetes has celiac disease, a condition that renders the body unable to process the gluten protein found in wheat, barley, and rye. People with celiac disease are unable to eat any foods that contain gluten, which is found in breads, pasta, cereals, and even unexpected foods, such as canned soups, salad dressings, and deli meats. Moreover, a large number of people have shown an interest in pursuing a gluten-free diet because they are gluten intolerant. Nancy S. Hughes and Lara Rondinelli-Hamilton have created Gluten-Free Recipes for People with Diabetes, a collection of 75 gluten-free recipes specifically designed for people with diabetes. Part cookbook, part meal-planning guide, this book offers the complete package. Readers will delight in the 75 healthy recipes that are both nutritionally sound and full of taste. The meal-planning guide teaches readers how to successfully find gluten-free products and how to adapt recipes to gluten-free versions. To make things even easier, some menus are included to give readers a head start on their healthy, new, gluten-free life!
- Author BiographyNancy S. Hughes is the author of more than 12 cookbooks and has contributed to more than 40 others. She has developed recipes and worked as a food consultant for a variety of corporations, organizations, and national magazines, including American Heart Association, Cooking Light, Nestle USA, CanolaInfo, Better Homes & Gardens, Betty Crocker, McCormick, ConAgra Foods, USA Rice Foundation, Diabetic Cooking, and Easy Home Cooking. She and her husband, Greg, live in Daphne, Alabama. Lara Rondinelli-Hamilton, RD, LDN, CDE, is a Registered Dietitian and Certified Diabetes Educator with over 13 years of experience counseling people with diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, as well as for weight loss and general wellness. Lara is the co-author of the best-selling Healthy Calendar Diabetic Cooking and The Healthy Carb Diabetes Cookbook. She is a regular columnist for the diabetes website www.dLife.com and has been a speaker to numerous organizations and groups for healthy eating, cooking and meal planning. She has appeared on several radio and television programs promoting healthy eating, including ABC Chicago news, WGN Channel 9 news, and NBC Chicago news.
- Author(s)Nancy S. Hughes
- PublisherAmerican Diabetes Association
- Date of Publication10/10/2013
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Place of PublicationVirginia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Diabetes Association
- Weight285 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Introduction byLara Rondinelli-Hamilton
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.84Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $21.54
- AU $21.96Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.