All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionAdvances in Cancer Research provides invaluable information on the exciting and fast-moving field of cancer research. Here, once again, outstanding and original reviews are presented on a variety of topics.
- Author BiographyDr. Drake is a Professor in the Department of Cell and Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics at the Medical University of South Carolina and SmartState Endowed Chair in Proteomics. He is an experienced protein biochemist and glycobiologist, with particular expertise in tumor biology and biomarker discovery from clinical fluids and tissues related to urological cancers and other cancers. He obtained his Ph.D. in Biochemistry at the University of Kentucky with Boyd Haley, generating multiple nucleotide sugar photoaffinity analogs for use in the study of glycosyltransferases. More extensive glycobiology training was done in post-doctoral work with Alan Elbein, and he began his academic career in Dr. Elbein's department at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. Currently, his research focus is on direct analysis of glycans and glycolipids in tissues using state-of-the-art MALDI mass spectrometry imaging approaches. Complementary glycopeptide mass spectrometry and metabolic labeling targeted approaches are being done to identify specific glycoproteins involved in the epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication04/03/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleAdvances in Cancer Research
- Series Part/Volume Number126
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight850 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Volume editorLauren Ball,Richard Drake
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.