All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn invative and ground-breaking new book brings together wisdom from several established and up and coming women business leaders in sharing their candid and introspective insights on how to become a successful entrepreneur.From getting started on concept, building techlogy, hiring, getting funded and scale, to finally launching a business with success, this book is a must-own for every budding entrepreneur. The list of contributors includes Harvard MBA's, a college dropout, several Forbes 30 title holders, million dollar startups and pioneers in techlogy. These women started companies from scratch, scaled their organizations to span across several continents, raised millions of dollars, faced failure but came out victorious and loved every minute of the challenge. These inspirational, gritty, audacious and passionate women, in spite of naysayers or failures, have chosen to create their own flow and act on their ideas and convictions. Their stories are inspirational for anyone wanting to start their own business.
- Author BiographyCharu Sharma is an award-winning entrepreneur, explorer and author based in Silicon Valley. With 5 National Awards, expeditions to all 7 continents, over 600 stage shows, and two startups, this prodigy was enlisted as a Power Woman alongside such notables as Oprah Winfrey, Sonia Gandhi, and Melinda Gates by Youth Incorporated magazine in March 2012.Charu built two startup companies from her college dorm room before getting recruited by LinkedIn. Charu realized that other young women around her were seeking traditional career paths because they did not have exposure to the entrepreneurial path or access to the right female mentors. To solve this, Charu brought together audacious women entrepreneurs and founded the Go Against the Flow movement- through her book, documentary film and Huffington Post Q&A series- to inspire other millennial women to take intelligent risks and consider building their own startup companies.Charu grew up in Mumbai and went on to study Economics and Physics at Mount Holyoke College in USA on a scholarship; she holds business certificates from Stanford and Dartmouth. She organized TEDxRiverNorth in Chicago, and she has spoken at two TEDx conferences on risk-taking and entrepreneurship respectively. Charu holds black-belts in Karate and Taekwondo; she has penned a travel memoir Far From Shore. She enjoys adventure sports, ballroom dancing and reading philosophy in her free time.
- PublisherUrbane Publications
- Date of Publication25/02/2016
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationRochester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintUrbane Publications
- Content Note20 black and white photographs
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byCharu Sharma
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.