Go! Go! Go!: The SAS. The Iranian Embassy Siege. The True Story. by Rusty Firmin, Will Pearson, Nigel McCrery (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.94+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first comprehensive account of the storming of the Iranian Embassy in London in 1980. GO! GO! GO! tells the action-packed story of the 1980 Iranian Embassy siege. It is a comprehensive, detailed and gripping account of an unforgettable six-day drama that shook Britain -- and the wider world -- to the core. Drawing on original and unseen source material from ex-SAS soldier Rusty Firmin, the police and the British Government, GO! GO! GO! takes us to the heart of the whole operation. The assault planning and training, strategy and tactics are described in detail, and the personal stories of the gunmen revealed -- who they were, where they came from, why they did it and Saddam Hussein's direct involvement. Compelling accounts of each day of the siege from the hostages' points of view show how they dealt with captivity individually and collectively. New material explains the negotiators' tactics and their cool exterior versus their internal turmoil as negotiations reached crisis point.
- Author BiographyRusty Firmin was born in Carlisle in 1950. He joined the Royal Artillery at an early age and was posted to 49 Field Regiment RA and subsequently to the 29 Commando RA. Getting a taste for commando ops, Rusty passed the gruelling SAS selection procedure and joined B-Squadron 22 (SAS) Regiment in 1977. Following covert tours in Northern Ireland with the SAS, Rusty then led part of the iconic assault to rescue the hostages from the Iranian Embassy in 1980. Rusty lives in rural Herefordshire. Will Pearson ran away from home aged fifteen and joined the Royal Navy. Seven years and two world tours later, he won a scholarship to Ruskin workers' education college, and then read Modern Languages at Oriel College, Oxford. After various careers, Will turned his hand to writing. His military experience and contacts led to a breakthrough book, the best-selling Tornado Down, written with the RAF's John Peters and John Nicol . He has also produced and scripted documentaries for Channel 4 and Discovery Channel, and written for the Financial Times, the Daily Mirror, Africa Today and many other publications. Will lives in London with his wife and two children.
- Author(s)Nigel McCrery,Rusty Firmin,Will Pearson
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication09/06/2011
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhoenix (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd )
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.), map, ports.
- Weight184 g
- Width134 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.