All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionIn this collection of emotionally uncensored tales, the author - a licensed psychologist - shares lessons learned from a life dedicated to healing from the ravages of hyper-self-criticism and super-achievement that plague most of us, particularly women. The tales are teaching stories through which the reader vicariously experiences ways to move from self-reproach to self-nurture and self-acceptance. The lessons of radical self-care, self-compassion and self love in these pages help one to kindle an inner dialog that can be life changing. The stories may open readers to a more kind-hearted relationship with themselves. They repeatedly remind readers to go more slowly, to hor and make safe space to feel all their feelings, to remember that rest is a sacred act and to kw that it is possible to compassionately embrace all the ways that they are: ever-evolving, warts and all, bumbling works-in-progress always doing the best they can with the consciousness available to them in the moment.
- Author BiographyRobyn L. Posin, Ph.D., a psychologist in private practice in Ojai, California, spent her first 32 years as a virulently self-critical super-achiever never at peace with her self. At the urging of a voice deep within her - just past her 32nd birthday, forty years ago - she dropped out of that life. Taking to the road in a self-contained van, she began the journey of uncovering who she might be without the overlay of all her driven excelling and perfectionism. Along the way of that journey, as she has gradually learned how to slow down, listen in and tenderly embrace all the ways she is and is not, she has come - at long last - to be at peace with her self.
- Author(s)Robyn L Posin Ph D
- PublisherCompassionate Ink
- Date of Publication04/02/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCompassionate Ink
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight531 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.