All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDESCRIPTION Google built the Go language from the ground up to simplify the challenges of modern application development. Go is ideal for writing server-side components that route and process data and manage the event-driven nature of modern web applications. Go's instantly-familiar syntax and structure make it easy to build application components from scratch, and a full-featured standard library, along with a growing ecosystem of libraries and frameworks provide an abundance of pre-built functionality so developers can be super-productive quickly. Go Web Programming shows how to build web applications in Go using modern design principles. It provides numerous examples that introduce core concepts like processing requests and sending responses, template engines, and data persistence. It also dives into more advanced topics, such as concurrency, web application testing, and deployment both to barebones servers and PaaS providers. KEY FEATURES * Comprehensive and detailed tour of Go's powerful features * Step-by step guide for end-to-end Web application development * Tip and tricks for avoiding common pitfalls AUDIENCE Written for Web developers with a working kwledge of the Go language. ABOUT THE TECHNOLOGY Go is a relatively new programming language created to be simple and efficient for writing backend systems. Specifically it is an excellent language for writing web applications. Since its release in 2009, Go has gained tremendous popularity as a programming language for writing *-as-a-Service (Infrastructure-as-a-Service, Platform-as-a-Service, etc.) systems. Go is currently used in production in many companies besides Google, including Dropbox, Square, GitHub, SendGrid, and many others.
- Author BiographySau Sheong Chang is a Director of Consumer Engineering at PayPal. He is active in the Ruby and Go developer communities, and has written books, contributed to open source projects and spoken at meetups and conferences.
- Author(s)Sau Sheong Chang
- PublisherManning Publications
- Date of Publication28/07/2016
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintManning Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1000 g
- Width185 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.