All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe scientific evidence behind why we should maintain a lifestyle more like that of our ancestors to restore our health and well-being. In GO WILD, Harvard Medical School professor John Ratey, MD, and journalist Richard Manning reveal that although civilization has rapidly evolved, our bodies stopped changing long ago--creating a disconnect between how we live and what is best for us. This disconnect affects every area of our lives, from our energy levels to our relationships to our general health. Only by using ancient evolutionary instructions to navigate modern life can we realize our true potential in everything including strength, health and well-being, intelligence, happiness, and more. The book addresses modern diseases (from diabetes to cancer to addiction); the problems of the modern diet; exercise; sleep; mindfulness and relationships; and much more.
- Author BiographyJohn Ratey, M.D. is a clinical professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. He is the author of numerous bestselling and groundbreaking books, including Spark, Driven to Distraction, and A User's Guide to the Brain. He lives in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Richard Manning is an award-winning journalist. He is the author of eight books, including One Round River. His work has appeared in Best American Science and Nature Writing 2010, Harper's, the New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, and other publications.
- Author(s)Dr. John J. Ratey,Richard Manning
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication31/12/2015
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle, Brown & Company
- Weight262 g
- Width142 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.