All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $20.65
About this product
- DescriptionOne family's true story of redemption and recovery In order for a relationship to hold, one must be willing to keep it strong matter how weak it becomes. That is the power of love. But love alone does t always guarantee satisfaction. This book is about will power, and the desire to keep love afloat--it is about communication for survival, and the will power to believe in someone, even when they are t willing to believe in themselves.How far are you willing to go for a loved one?Jim Serger shares how far he and his family went to save the relationship with his father through his dad's battle with alcoholism. This is a heartfelt and personal journey; one that will resonate with anyone who has struggled to pull a loved one from the depths of addiction back into the joy of life. This book will prove to anyone that as long as there is a will, there is a way. The will is the how and the w, and it can determine the future. What is in the past is in the past. Put it behind you and focus on tomorrow.If you have ever been down in the valley, staring up at the highest mountain, and feel there is way to the top, this book is for you. Jim Serger and his father were able to beat the odds and overcome the obstacles through sheer unconditional love, will power and faith. It can be done. Go the Distance will tell you how.
- Author BiographyJim, Senior--Selected by Philadelphia Phillies out of high school; graduated from the University of Cincinnati having played third base on the baseball team. Theta Chi fraternity member. He worked in sales all his life, having lived a few years in Louisville, Kentucky and Columbus, Indiana. He raised his family for 30 years in Anderson Township in Cincinnati, Ohio. Jim was a youth baseball head coach for 14 years, and is the proud father of two sons. Has a best friend Marilyn, who is also his wife. His greatest accomplishment in life was being welcomed back into a family that loves him, for being him. Jim loves the Cincinnati Bearcats programs, and loves the Cincinnati Reds. Jim has given speeches on the severity of alcoholism at the Hamilton County Jail in Cincinnati a few times. Jim is a loving grandpa, and is a proud father-in-law. Jim loves being surrounded by lifelong friends and loves to create new ones. Jim currently lives in New Richmond, Ohio. Jim, Junior-- Graduated from the University of Cincinnati; Delta Tau Delta Fraternity member. He served four years in the U.S. Navy. He lived in Japan for four years; served on board the USS Independence CV-62. Jim loves to travel, having been to 23 states and 13 countries. Jim backpacked all through Asia; climbed Mt. Fuji, and is an avid sports fan. Jim loves to read, and in 2010, read 71 books. He has worked at Home City Ice since getting out of the Navy 15 years ago. Jim loves his life and his family very much. He and his loving wife, Tarla, have an adorable six-year-old girl named Maggie. Jim Jr. is very proud of his family name, and would share this or any other story about his family, because he loves them unconditionally and is proud of them all for overcoming adversity. They currently live in Carmel, Indiana.
- Author(s)Jim Serger
- PublisherAdvantage Media Group
- Date of Publication24/10/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAdvantage Media Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight259 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.