All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the southern Indian state of Kerala, Najeeb's dearest wish is to work in a Persian Gulf country and earn eugh money to send some back home. One day, he finally achieves this dream, only to be propelled by a series of incidents grim and absurd into a slave-like existence, herding goats in the middle of the Saudi desert. Memories of his loving family and of the lush, verdant landscape of his village haunt Najeeb, whose only solace is the companionship of goats. In the end, the lonely young man is forced to contrive a hazardous scheme to escape his desert prison. An instant bestseller in India, Goat Days is available for the first time in English, translated by Joseph Koyippally. Benyamin is a brilliant new talent of Malayalam literature and his wry and tender telling transforms the strange and bitter comedy of Najeeb's life in the desert into a universal tale of loneliness and alienation.
- Author BiographyBenyamin is an Indian writer and novelist who lives in Bahrain. Joseph Koyippally is associate professor in comparative literature at the Central University of Kerala, India.
- PublisherSeagull Books London Ltd
- Date of Publication06/01/2017
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationGreenford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSeagull Books London Ltd
- Weight431 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Translated byJoseph Koyippally
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $19.66
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.57Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.