All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIF THESE CREATURES DON'T PUT ON A SHOW, THEY'LL BE PUT ON A PLATE! When Jean-Remy receives a singing telegram from his long-lost sister, Eloise Yvette, the Creature Department is once again thrown into an invention frenzy. Rumor has it that the Ghorks have taken Heppleworth s Food Factory hostage. And worse, they are threatening to make tasty treats of the creatures inside! Elliot and Leslie lead the way to the town of Simmersville with Ghork-grappling inventions in hand. A grand Food Festival is in full swing, and the fanciest restaurant in town is serving a very suspicious Special. Elliot takes a bite, but when strange green hair starts growing on his arm, he wishes he hadn t. A very hairy Elliot, a blurrified Leslie, and our favorite department of creatures finally come se-to-sut with the Ghorks and uncover a sinister scheme. But can they fend off the gang of raveus Ghorks before dinnertime? Praise for The Creature Department: Stunning. . . . a bit like if you took Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Monsters Inc. and shoved them in a TARDIS. Buzzfeed The creatures are a giggle-inducing example of an imagination run wild. Associated Press The creatures are the main appeal . . . and their antics, coupled with the strong visuals, will attract readers who enjoy imaginative, slightly silly fantasies. School Library Journal A literal Creature feature, with plenty of cinematic and digital spiff potential. Kirkus A lot of silliness, a bit of rickum rockery, and a giggle of grossness. New York Journal of Books
- Author BiographyRobert Paul Westonlives inLondon, England, in a crumbling old building, hidden behind shiny glass towers. His first novel-in-verse, Zorgamazoo, recieved the California Young Reader s Medal, the Silver Birch Award, the Children s Choice Award, and an E.B. White Read Aloud Honor. The hardboiled fairy tale DustCity was nominated for the Edgar Allan Poe Award for Best Young Adult Mystery. In February 2013, he published Prince Puggly of Spud and the Kingdom of Spiff. Although he writes all his books with a mechanical pencil, it s not electric and doesn t come with a telescopic lens. Framestore is a visual effects studio based in London, New York, Los Angeles, and most recently Montreal. Their work can be seen in all eight of the Harry Potter films, Where the Wild Things Are, War Horse, and The Golden Compass, for which they won the Oscar for best visual effects. Framestore is also responsible for the creatures and astonishing effects in movies like Ben Stiller s Walter Mitty ; Gravity, starring George Clooney and Sandra Bullock; the samurai epic 47 Ronin, starring Keanu Reeves; Jupiter Ascending by the Wachowskis; Iron Man 3 ; and Robocop.
- Author(s)Robert Paul Weston
- Date of Publication27/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleCreature Department
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight181 g
- Width140 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.