God Believes in Love: Straight Talk about Gay Marriage by Bishop Gene Robinson (Paperback / softback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.50Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by mcgjen
- Est. delivery by 29 Jan
- AU $7.00+ AU $3.45 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by uniquestuff111
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the IX Bishop of the Diocese of New Hampshire in the Episcopal Church, the first openly gay person elected to the episcopate and the world s leading religious spokesperson for gay rights and gay marriage a groundbreaking book that persuasively makes the case for same-sex marriage using a commonsense, reasoned, religious argument. Robinson holds the religious text of the Bible to be holy and sacred and the ensuing two millennia of church history to be relevant to the discussion. He is equally familiar with the secular and political debate about gay marriage going on in America today, and is someone for whom same-sex marriage is a personal issue; Robinson was married to a woman for fourteen years and is a father of two children and has been married to a man for the last four years of a twenty-five-year relationship. Robinson has a knack for taking complex and controversial issues and addressing them in plain direct language, without using polemics or ideology, putting forth his argument for gay marriage, and bringing together sacred and secular points of view.
- Author BiographyGene Robinson was born and raised in Lexington, Kentucky, and graduated from the University of the South with a B.A. in American studies and history. He completed the M.Div. degree in 1973 at the General Theological Seminary in New York, and was ordained deacon and then priest. Having served as Canon to the Ordinary (assistant to the bishop) for nearly eighteen years, he was elected bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of New Hampshire in 2003. He retired as bishop in January 2013. The author of three AIDS curricula for youth, he is also the recipient of numerous awards from civil, human, and LGBT rights organizations. Robinson is a Senior Fellow at the Center for American Progress in Washington, DC.
- Author(s)Bishop Gene Robinson
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication15/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight213 g
- Width139 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $91.10
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $24.79Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $36.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.