All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhy does God allow his children to undergo persecution? Can any good come from being forced to live in unspeakable circumstances? And what about the man: what shall he do with his anger and bitterness over the injustices done to him? How can he endure when the trial does t end? Alberto Gonzalez Muz was a 22 year-old Baptist seminary student in Havana in 1965, when he and his classmates were labeled social scum and sent to a UMAP labor camp in the Cuban countryside for re-education. He tells his story with candor and sensitivity, but also with the heart of a pastor who has been through the fiery trial and can offer hope, instruction, and understanding to suffering Christians. His message is one of dealing with bitterness, arrogance, loss of faith, and coming to see that the biggest danger to a Christian is t found in the actions of other people, but the sin within our own hearts. Intertwined in the distress and shame of UMAP is a love story. Alberto insists that his wife, Miriam, is the heroine of this story, and through this very difficult circumstance, they learned to hold tightly to the things that matter most, and managed to lay a foundation for a marriage and family dedicated to serving God in Cuba. Today from Havana, Alberto continues to speak, write, and to teach his fellow Cubans to maintain an eternal perspective on their lives, keeping in view the reward that God has promised to those who love Him.
- Author BiographyAlberto I. Gonzalez Munoz was born in Cardenas, Matanzas, Cuba. He has been a pastor for nearly fifty years, and was the President of the Western Baptist Convention of Cuba from 2002-2007. He lives in Havana with his wife Miriam Daniel. They have three children and seven grandchildren.
- Author(s)Alberto I Gonz Lez Mu Oz,Alberto I Gonzalez Munoz
- Date of Publication18/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.