All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book intervenes into the contemporary debate on religion, politics, and ecomy, focusing on the field of formation which emerges as these seemingly automous spheres encounter one ather. Empirically, it concentrates on examples from literature, theatre, and cinema as well as a case study of the recent revolts in Turkey where a 'moderate' Islamic government is in power. Theoretically, its focus is on the contemporary 'return' of religion in the horizon of the critique of religion, seeking to articulate an affirmative politics that can re-evaluate the value of dominant values in religious governance and governance of religion.
- Author BiographyBulent Diken teaches Social and Cultural Theory at Lancaster University, Department of Sociology.
- Author(s)Bulent Diken
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/08/2015
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in Sociology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight362 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.87Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.61Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.