Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.87Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $28.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFar too many people, Christians t excluded, are self-centeredly preoccupied with their own marital problems and their attempt to engineer solutions to them. A theology of marriage can help them to achieve a God-centered look at the larger situation of which their marriages constitute a small, if by means unimportant, part. In the long run a few look means a new understanding, and a new understanding means a new practice. - Geoffrey Bromiley Offering a new look at the increasingly unfashionable institution of marriage, Geoffrey Bromiley presents here a timely theological study which, unlike others books on marriage, aims exclusively to relate marriage to God as Creator, Son, and Holy Spirit. Bromiley observes that God's work on reconciliation makes it possible for his people also to achieve reconciliation with one ather, particularly in the marriage relationship. In addition to thoroughly discussing the relationship of the Trinity to marriage, Bromiley examines such topics as incest, adultery and fornication, celibacy, the permanency of marriage, and remarriage after the death of a partner. Dr. Bromiley pays close, cautious, and sensitive attention to virtually every Scriptural passage about marriage, even the passages that are particularly difficult for our own era to cope with. He makes attempt to rewrite the Bible in the interest of some specially modern idea. It is a book rooted deeply in the immeasurable principles of Creation and Redemption, and is full of sane, courageous, sound teaching. - Thomas Howard Gordon College I am very pleased with the book and feel it will fill a very special place in the available literature on Christian marriage...It stands apart from the superficial writing that all but characterizes our time. How-to books are of little value apart from the basic theological understanding which must precede them. This is a book I would like to have written, and a book which will be required reading for my students. - Dwight Small Westmont College Geoffrey W. Bromiley is professor emeritus of Church History and Historical Theology at Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena, California. He is best kwn as the translator of numerous theological books, including the 9-volume Theological Dictionary of the New Testament.
- Author(s)Geoffrey W. Bromiley
- PublisherWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Date of Publication01/01/1980
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight118 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.