All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe theological turn in French phemelogy has been of great interest to scholars working in contemporary continental thought, but according to J. Aaron Simmons, t eugh has been done to bring these debates into conversation with more mainstream philosophy. Building on the work of Kierkegaard, Levinas, Marion, and Derrida, among others, Simmons suggests how continental philosophy of religion can intersect with political philosophy, environmental philosophy, and theories of kwledge. By productively engaging philosophical God-talk, Simmons proposes a robust model of postmodern religious belief and ethical existence.
- Author BiographyJ. Aaron Simmons is Assistant Professor of Philosophy at Hendrix College. He is editor (with David Wood) of Kierkegaard and Levinas: Ethics, Politics, and Religion (IUP, 2008).
- Author(s)J. Aaron Simmons
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication12/04/2011
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width155 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.29Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.