All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionNineteenth-century Russian religious intellectuals devoted a great deal of attention to the concept of agape, or Divine Love, arguing that the Christian church is a reflection of the triune, self-sacrificing God and his love for all of creation. On account of their deliberations, these intellectuals played a key role in mediating between the Orthodox Church and modern society. In God as Love Johannes Oravecz presents a comprehensive summation of twenty-five prominent Russian thinkers and their thought on the concept of agape, showing in detail how they broke new ground in their various affirmations of the truth that God is love. No other book in any language treats this topic with such breadth and depth.
- Author BiographyJohannes Miroslav Oravecz earned his doctoral degree at the Pontifical Athenaeum of St. Anselm, Rome, Italy, in 2010. He is a lecturer and retreat master on diverse theological and spiritual topics and an active member of the Association for Slavic, East European, and Eurasian Studies.
- Author(s)Johannes M Oravecz
- PublisherWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Date of Publication31/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Weight726 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Foreword byProfessor Paul Valliere
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.