All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the future, people lose the ability to have daughters; and as women begin to disappear from a world already gripped by chaos, some people begin to think that a 10-year-old black girl will be the next Messiah. Seven years after the onset of this genetic apocalypse, all women have disappeared from cities like New York. Civilization, itself, seems to have ground to a halt as men, numbed by the holographic pleasures of their techlogical age, wait for the inevitable death of their species. It is then that a powerful military force, kwn simply as The Horde, begins a systematic offensive against the world's great cities. As this final battle unfolds, the girl presumed to be God escapes from the fortress where The Horde had been keeping her (and thousands of other women). Once free, she forms a series of alliances-first with a cult convinced of her divinity; then with Mansmann, the scientist originally responsible for the genetic apocalypse; and finally, with a man without a past, called Wang, whose evolving conceptualization of reality seems to be the key to saving the human race. Interwoven with a rich mosaic of characters-like the seemingly supernatural Quibb; the industrial magnate, Shaka; the gender-defying cyber witch, Circe; and the revolutionary firebrand, Tio Mendez -- God in the Image of Woman tells the epic story of people searching for their humanity in an age where the end of the human race seems terrifyingly close at hand.
- Author BiographyD.V. Bernard is the author of five novels, including the critically acclaimed Intimate Relations with Strangers. Originally from the Caribbean nation of Grenada, he moved to Brooklyn, New York, when he was nine years old. In 2010, he returned to the Caribbean (Jamaica) to complete a master's degree in international development. Currently, he works as a database manager at an HIV/AIDS program in Harlem.Visit him online at DVBernard.com.
- Author(s)Brother Bernard,David Valentine Bernard
- PublisherStrebor Books International, LLC
- Date of Publication31/08/2004
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationMitchellville, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStrebor Books International, LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight943 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.83Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.33
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $21.55Trending at AU $22.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.