God is Brazilian: Charles Miller, the Man Who Brought Football To Brazil by Josh Lacey (Hardback, 2005)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1894, Charles Miller arrived in Brazil with a pair of boots, a book of rules and a football. When he reached Sao Paulo, he was shocked to discover that -one knew how to play. So he marked out a pitch, gathered 20 young men, and divided them into two teams.
- Author BiographyJosh Lacey was born in London and educated at Cambridge. He writes regularly for The Guardian and the TLS. He lives in London with his wife and a large dog. This is his first book.
- Author(s)Josh Lacey
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2005
- SubjectBiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNPI Media Group
- Content NoteIllustrations, 1 map
- Weight570 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.