Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionAs I grow in the Spirit, I have learned to understand God as the One who acts in our lives, even though we might t recognize him. The book contains my stories of experiencing God of Active Verbs, A to Z. I have chosen following verbs in the alphabetic order: assures, blesses, comes, delivers, encourages, forgives, guides, hears, invites, judges, kcks, leads, make us whole, nurtures, offers, provides, quickens, redeems, speaks, transforms, uplifts, vindicates, woos, X-rays, yearns, zips us up. Ather focus is to demonstrate how to theologize our life experiences of God's actions by using reason, tradition, and Scripture as theological templates.
- Author BiographyA Pharmacologist with a Ph.D. turned to become a theologian writes a life experiences including the Korean War, her dysfunctional family, and her purpose-driven life. As she grows in the Spirit, she has experienced God of Active Verbs. The book contains twenty six (A to Z) reflections on theological themes, Christian messages, as well as getting in touch with nineteen men and seven women in the Hebrew Bible. She was born in Pyung-Yang, Korea in 1938 and her family became refugees to South Korea. She survived the Korean War and experienced God's grace and love. After graduating from Kyung-Gi Girls' High School and Ewha Women's University with B.S. in Pharmacy, she came to the United States of America (USA) to continue in graduate schools. She attained B.S. and M.S. degrees from Duquesne University and Ph.D. in Pharmacology from the University of Pittsburgh. Her professional careers are Associate Editor of the Chemical Abstracts Service, Pharmacy Owner-Manager, Researcher at the University of Pittsburgh Medical School. When she was forty-five years old she answered the God's call to the Ordained ministry by entering the Pittsburgh Theological Seminary. She became a United Methodist Elder and served as a Pastor and Conference Staff in Pennsylvania, Indiana, and New England area. She has retired from the Church in 2010 and residing in Duxbury, MA with her daughter's family. She is a certified life coach. She has written the Path to Life in Korean. Her other publications include nine papers in Scientific Journals in the areas of Isolation of Anticancer Activity of Vinca (Catharanthus) Alkaloids as well as Antibiotics Treating the Middle Ear Infection in Children. She also has written: Discovering, Nurturing, Applying Your Spiritual Gifts both in English and Korean; Christian Peer Mentoring in Triads as a Model for Making Disciples.
- Author(s)Ph D Hakyung Cho-Kim
- Date of Publication15/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight508 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.