All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGod the Father in the Theology of St. Thomas Aquinas is an exposition of Aquinas' theology of God the Father as a coherent whole. Surprising as it might be, there has t been an extended treatment of Aquinas' theology of God the Father. Three misconceptions are addressed: the idea that Aquinas' speculative Trinitarian theology is detached from Scripture; the supposition that in Aquinas' understanding, the Father's relation to the Holy Spirit is an afterthought to the Father's relation to the Son; and the view that for Thomas, the Father has proper mode of action in the created universe - since Thomas maintains that in all ad extra activity, the Trinity acts as a single principle. Two less polemical, more perennial issues are discussed as well. First, the concept of relation, as the key to a coherent account of three distinct persons in one same divine essence, emerges as an important theme in Aquinas' exposition of the Father's paternity and innascibility. Second, Aquinas understands the Father as the source of unity in the Trinity and as the beginning and end of the whole created universe. It becomes clear that St. Thomas places forceful emphasis on the Son's equality to the Father and on the radical difference between the creator and the creature.
- Author BiographyJohn Baptist Ku, O.P., earned his S.T.D./PhD at the University of Fribourg, his S.T.B./M.Div. and S.T.L. at the Dominican House of Studies, and his B.S. at the University of Virginia in applied math and computer science. He was awarded the Thomas Aquinas Dissertation Prize by the Aquinas Center for Theological Renewal at Ave Maria University in 2010. He teaches at the Dominican House of Studies in Washington, D.C., and also serves as book review editor for the faculty's journal, The Thomist.
- Author(s)John Baptist Ku
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication30/11/2012
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number324
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2012
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight680 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.