All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionAll the godchildren, looking back on that fateful dinner, remembered it in the same way: the vacant wooden throne at the head of the table, the huge array of wine glasses and water glasses that were always a feature of dining at any of Marcus' houses, the sense of expectation and dread that hung over them like a cloud of mustard gas. In his magnificent island home overlooking the sea, the great tycoon Marcus Brand plays host to his six godchildren. But soon, secrets will be revealed that dramatically alter the tone of this holiday weekend, and all will have to confront a web of betrayals and lies spanning four decades Each from a different background, the godchildren grew up enthralled by their godfather: Charlie, fascinated by Marcus's wealth; Mary, whose life is blighted by tragedy; Jamie, feckless but utterly charming; Saffron, stunningly beautiful but unaware of her power over men; Abigail, insecure and gauche; and Stuart, who is torn between admiration and hatred for his capitalist godfather. Godchildren is an epic tale; powerful, engrossing, and impossible to put down. With his trademark blend of wicked satire and impeccable writing, Coleridge has created gloriously jaw dropping portrait of the British upper crust.
- Author BiographyNicholas Coleridge is managing director of Conde Nast in Britain, the magazine publishing house that includes Vogue, Tatler, House & Garden and Vanity Fair. His bestselling novels have been published in twelve languages. He lives in England with his family.
- Author(s)Nicholas Coleridge
- PublisherThomas Dunne Books
- Date of Publication15/09/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThomas Dunne Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight726 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.