All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGodfrey Ucar Chitalu was Zambia's greatest footballer. He scored more than 100 goals in a calendar year, and was also among the greatest African players according to a list released by the Confederation of African Football in 2006. Godfrey Ucar Chitalu traces the life story of the football player, from his early life to his exploits in the Zambian league for Kitwe United and the Kabwe Warriors, as well as his brushes with football authorities. His national team career is examined in detail, highlighting the key games he played alongside match reports and a list of the goals he scored. The 107 goals that Chitalu scored in 1972 are documented in great detail. The book also looks at Chitalu's life outside football, his playing and coaching career and gives an insight into how football was shaped over the years in Zambia. The Gabon air disaster of 1993, which claimed the lives of thirty Zambian players, coaches, officials and crew, including Chitalu, is also re-visited. Author Jerry Muchimba shares his own inspirations behind his decision to embark on research into Zambian football, the same research that would go on to play a cardinal role when his country challenged Lionel Messi's claim to the most goals scored in a calendar year. The goal record challenge is shared in great detail, culminating in FIFA's ruling on the topic of who holds the record for scoring most goals in a calendar year. This effectively denied Chitalu his place in football history...Godfrey Ucar Chitalu is the first ever biography of a Zambian footballer, and will appeal to any fans of the sport and its history.
- Author BiographyBorn in Ndola, Zambia, Jerry Muchimba is a graduate of the University of Zambia and the University of Leicester. A keen soccer follower, he has also written football related articles for various Zambian websites and magazines. Jerry currently lives in Lusaka, Zambia, with his wife and two children.
- Author(s)Jerry Muchimba
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication28/05/2015
- SubjectBiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationMarket Harborough
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.