All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThroughout history man has revered his penis as his 'most precious ornament'. Yet, ambivalently, his penis has always been the source of man's deepest neuroses too. Do women find it, in the erect state, inherently ridiculous? Why can't a man be certain his penis will stand and deliver when he commands? If and when it steadfastly refuses, what can he do to remedy the situation? And then, of course, there's the matter of size...To possess a penis, Sophocles said, is to be 'chained to a madman'. God's Doodle examines the schizophrenic relationship between man and this madman - and the joint relationship this odd couple has with the female sex. God's Doodle is the tale of the penis and the ups and downs of history - the macabre and the bloodcurdling, the funny and the sad, distilled from myth, world cultures, religion, literature, science, medicine and contemporary life - all told with mordant wit.
- Author BiographyTom Hickman has worked as a journalist on national magazines, newspapers and for the BBC. His books include a biography of Churchill's wartime bodyguard; the story of the BBC during World War Two; the experience of the Bevin Boys, sent to work in the coalmines during it; and of post-war National Service after it. He has also written a history of changing sexual mores during the 20th century.
- PrizesShortlisted for Diagram Prize for the Oddest Title of the Year 2013.
- Author(s)Tom Hickman
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- SubjectSex & Sexuality
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSquare Peg
- Weight314 g
- Width132 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.