All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionI look on my whole life as giving, and I want to give and give until there is thing left to give.Solanus Casey, from the Introduction Padre Pio and Andre Bessette would have readily agreed with Solanus Casey even though, on the surface, ne of the three had much to give. All grew up in humble circumstances, each suffered poor health, and ne achieved academic distinction or prominent positions in their religious orders. They were, to all appearances, the sort of people others overlook. Yet in their lifetimes, untold numbers found physical and interior healing through their ministries, and since their deaths their fame has grown ermously. Their secret was the secret of every successful Christian life: In complete humility, they abandoned themselves to the will of God. Bessette and Casey literally answered the door at their monasteries, and Pio was something of a spiritual doorkeeper in the confessional. God's Doorkeepers reveals how these miracle-workers, in spite of their lowly circumstances, inspired and continue to inspire those who seek a healing encounter with God.
- Author BiographyJOEL SCHORN is a writer and editor in Chicago. He is the coauthor with Alice Camille of A Faith Interrupted: An Honest Conversation with Alienated Catholics (Loyola Press).
- Author(s)Joel Schorn
- PublisherServant Books
- Date of Publication01/01/2006
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Place of PublicationAnn Arbour
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintServant Books
- Weight213 g
- Width132 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $61.76
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $52.72
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.