All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.18
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.56
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.80
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.84
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.64
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.53
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.37
About this product
- DescriptionWith warmth and humor, Archbishop Desmond Tutu distills his philosophy of unity and forgiveness into a picture book for the very young. Archbishop Desmond Tutu has a vision of God's dream, which he shares here with the youngest of listeners. It involves people who reach out and hold each other's hands, but sometimes get angry and hurt each other and say they're sorry and forgive. It's a wish that everyone will see they are brothers and sisters, matter their way of speaking to God, matter the size of their se or the shade of their skin. Aided by vibrant artwork evoking such images as a rainbow and a sharing circle, Tutu offers the essence of his ubuntu philosophy, a wisdom so clear and crystalline that even the smallest child can understand.
- Author BiographyArchbishop Desmond Tutu was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1984 for his lifelong struggle to bring equality, justice, and peace to his native country of South Africa. He also served as Archbishop of Cape Town, South Africa, from 1986 until 1996. In 1995, former South African President Nelson Mandela asked him to lead the Truth and Reconciliation Commission, which became a model of national forgiveness and coexistence. He is currently the chairperson of the Elders, an international group charged with helping to end conflicts and solve global problems. Archbishop Tutu's most recent book is GOD HAS A DREAM: A VISION OF HOPE FOR OUR TIME. He lives with his family in South Africa. Douglas Carlton Abrams is the coauthor with Archbishop Desmond Tutu of GOD HAS A DREAM: A VISION OF HOPE FOR OUR TIME. He is also the cofounder of Idea Architects, a book and media development agency working with visionary authors to create a wiser, healthier, and more just world. He lives with his family in California. LeUyen Pham is the author and illustrator of BIG SISTER, LITTLE SISTER and has illustrated many other books for children, including FRECKLEFACE STRAWBERRY by Julianne Moore and the NEW YORK TIMES bestseller GRACE FOR PRESIDENT by Kelly DiPucchio. About GOD'S DREAM, she says, Being a part of this book has been an extremely significant experience for me, considering that I left war-torn Vietnam during the fall of Saigon when I was only a year old. My son was also born during the creation of this book, bringing the lovely message of hope and love full circle. LeUyen Pham lives in San Francisco with her family.
- Author(s)Archbishop Emeritus Desmond Tutu,Douglas Carlton Abrams
- PublisherCandlewick Press,U.S.
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationCambrudge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width254 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)LeUyen Pham
- Format DetailsPicture book,Sewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.