God's House is Our House: Re-Imagining the Environment for Worship by Richard S. Vosko (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.17Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.34+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description2007 Catholic Press Association Award Winner! God's House Is Our House serves as a platform for rethinking the Catholic environment for worship. Father Vosko provides a theoretical foundation for building or revating a worship space, by drawing upon biblical, theological, and ecclesiological sources as well as studies on architecture, spatial settings, and creative problem solving. Since Vatican II, changes have occurred in liturgical texts, music, and life-cycle rituals, especially the Eucharist. Cathedrals and churches have also been transformed, making a formative impact on the life of the church. Some say that new and revated churches longer feel like God's house. Others maintain that a developed understanding of liturgy requires worship settings that accommodate the ritual making of the community. The liturgical reforms that have guided Catholic, Episcopal, and Lutheran congregations over the last half-century have transformed what these deminations kw about worship. Worshipers are longer spectators, but active participants in the ritual acts that once were the sole possession of the clergy. As the liturgy is modified, church buildings are altered. Almost overnight God's house has new owners and users and, once again, is kwn as a house for the church. How does al such change affect the architectural style of church buildings? Here Father Vosko considers worship space dilemmas and offers practical advice. This book is for faith communities and design professionals. It addresses diverse opinions regarding the environment for worship and through photography and illustration features award-winning examples of new and revated places of worship. Father Richard S. Vosko, PhD, Hon. AIA has been a design consultant for 35 years. His award-winning work continues to shape worship environments in different faith traditions throughout North America. He is a Catholic priest from the Diocese of Albany, New York.
- Author BiographyFather Richard S. Vosko, PhD, Hon. AIA has been a design consultant for 35 years. His award-winning work continues to shape worship environments in different faith traditions throughout North America. He is a Catholic priest from the Diocese of Albany, New York.
- Author(s)Richard S. Vosko
- PublisherLiturgical Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2006
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationCollegeville, MN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLiturgical Press
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight653 g
- Width187 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.