All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book, containing two volumes, offers information about over 270 deities of the Germanic peoples and covers the time from the Roman Era - the first centuries CE in which the Roman Empire enfolded large parts of the territories of Europe where Germanic peoples lived - up until the Viking Age. The scientific information is accompanied with many new 'myths' and a rich amount of illustrations. All together it presents a much more vivid presentation than solely dry scholarly information could offer.
- Author BiographyBehind the name GardenStone hides a Dutch author who, with the choice of that name, both tries to protect his private life while making it clear that his nom de plume is a pseudonym. At home in the beautiful Taunus Hills in Germany he actualizes his writing projects, which almost all employ in-depth research based on serious attempts to maintain a high scientific level. Nevertheless, he does not see academically educated people as his primary audience. Because he hopes to reach a much wider reading public, a strong accent of his books lies in the use of conversational language and effortless reading. GardenStone's research in gathering information about gods and goddesses of the Germanic peoples started in 2000 and reaches its perhaps preliminary end with the realization of this two-volume work.
- PublisherBooks on Demand
- Date of Publication04/12/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooks on Demand
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight617 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.