All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionGods Without Men is Hari Kunzru's epic vel of intertwined lives and a vast expanse of American desert. In the Californian desert ...A four-year-old boy goes missing. A British rock star goes quietly mad. An alien-worshipping cult is born. An Iraqi teenager takes part in a war game. In a remote town, near a rock formation kwn as The Pinnacles, lives intertwine, stories echo, and the universal search for meaning and connection continues. 'Kunzru's great American vel' Independent 'Readers speak of it in hushed tones as conveying the secrets of the universe' Newsday 'Extraordinary, smart, invative, a revelation. Has the counterculture feel of a late-1960s US campus hit - something by Vonnegut or Pynchon or Wolfe. Genuinely interesting and exhilarating. Extremely enjoyable' Guardian 'Astonishing, mind-blowing. One of the most original vels I've read in years' Counterpunch 'One of the most socially observant and skilful velists around. Consistently gripping and entertaining' Literary Review 'A great sprawling narrative, as vast as the canvas on which it is written' Washington Post 'Reverberates long after you finish reading it' New Yorker Hari Kunzru is the author of the vels The Impressionist, Transmission, My Revolutions and Gods Without Men, and the story collection Noise. He lives in New York.
- Author BiographyHari Kunzru is the author of the novels The Impressionist, Transmission, My Revolutions and Gods Without Men, and the story collection Noise. He lives in New York and his next novel, White Tears, will be published by Hamish Hamilton in spring 2017.
- Author(s)Hari Kunzru
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication05/07/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight277 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.