All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFifty years ago this October, Godzilla (Gojira in Japanese) crawled out of his radioactive birthplace onto the silver screen to cut his first swath of destruction through Tokyo and into...well, if t into our hearts, at least our imaginations. Today Godzilla stands as a popular icon of Japan (the third most recognizable Japanese celebrity according to a New York Times poll) as well as of that destructive rage that dwells within almost all of us. In this short reflection on Godzilla, Bill Tsutsui, a life-long fan and professional historian gives us a light-hearted look at 50 years of the big, green, radioactive lizard. He explores how the original Godzilla film was created and how it grew into a global phemen. Through humor and anecdotes, Godzilla on My Mind explores his lasting cultural impact in Japan and on popular culture worldwide.
- Author BiographyWILLIAM TSUTSUI is an Associate Professor of History at the University of Kansas and holds degrees from Harvard, Oxford and Princeton. He is the author of two books on Japanese history and a life-long fan of everyone's favorite mutant lizard Godzilla.
- Author(s)William Minoru Tsutsui
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2004
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight355 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.