All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.74Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionAs much an autobiography as it is a book on fishing,the author describes his experiences of river fishing whilst travelling the world. Negley Farson never fails to take his fishing Rod. There are chapters on Pacific Salmon, The Shetland Islands, Uxbridge, and The Hebrides, Ireland,the Caucasus, Moscow and the Danube, erupting volcaes in Chile, rural and urban life in England,France and Norway.
- Author BiographyJames Negley Farson (1890-1960) was an American author and adventurer. Born in Plainfield, New Jersey, Farson was raised by his eccentric grandfather, the Civil War General James Negley. He was educated at Andover and read civil engineering at the University of Pennsylvania. He was expelled from this institution and emigrated to England. He went into journalism and travelled to Russia, being present in Petrograd the day the Bolshevik Revolution broke out. Farson went on to become one of the most renowned foreign correspondents of his day, interviewing Gandhi in India, witnessing Gandhi's arrest in Poona, witnessing bank-robber John Dillinger's naked body in the morgue just after he had been shot down by Hoover's men, and meeting Hitler.
- Author(s)Negley Farson
- PublisherUnicorn Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/03/2016
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Series TitleIn Arcadia
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintUnicorn Press Ltd
- Content NoteWood engravings throughout
- Weight318 g
- Width140 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.