All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionI remembered the words of Jesus as He hung on the cross, talking to the thief beside Him: Today you will be with me in paradise. Shortly after his first birthday, young Michael got very sick, starting with cold symptoms that he just couldn't shake. His mother knew something was seriously wrong, but the doctor kept reassuring her, in a patronizing tone, that Michael's childhood vaccinations were simply exacerbating his cold symptoms. It took weeks for doctors to take the nervous mother's concerns seriously, but finally, after countless tests and hospital visits, they had a diagsis for her. Michael had leukemia. Going Home is the true story of one mother's experience raising a son with a terminal illness, and while it is heart-wrenching and beautifully told, this book's true strength is in its message of hope and faith. I want my journey to end with Jesus saying to me, 'Well done, my good and faithful servant.' For that to happen, I have to t let circumstances get me down or stop me in my tracks. God never promised me an easy journey, just that He would be with me on the road and keep me safe when I lean on Him. I choose to take my journey with dignity, seeking God all the way. This book will t only touch your heart-it reveals the hidden lessons and the grace that God provided a mother and son during their time together.
- Author BiographyAbout the Author: Drawing upon her own experiences raising a child with leukemia, Twila Pearson earned her BS in nursing in 1983, a master's in psychiatric nursing in 1986, and her PhD in counseling psychology in 1997. She currently prescribes psychiatric medication as a nurse practitioner and lives in Brown Deer, Wisconsin.
- Author(s)Twila Pearson Ph D
- PublisherOutskirts Press
- Date of Publication12/03/2013
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOutskirts Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight395 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.