All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.50
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.63
- AU $56.19Trending at AU $59.28
- AU $21.84Trending at AU $24.73
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.14
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $20.61
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.45
About this product
- DescriptionIn this collection of six short works of fiction, author Richard Michael O'Meara puts readers in the boots of infantrymen during the Vietnam War and takes them on a powerful experiential journey. Beginning with basic training and ending with the difficult, often fraught, transition back to civilian life after the war, Going Home for Apples and Other Stories covers most of the aspects of military service during this controversial and often misunderstood period in US history. With great compassion and without judgment, O'Meara marches his characters-and his readers-through boot camp, firefights, court martials, life in the field, and the process of homecoming. Though realistic in his portrayal of the war, O'Meara brings humanity and even moments of humor to his subjects. He paints vivid pictures and then lets those portraits speak for themselves about the price of war and the toll it takes on the people who serve on behalf of those back at home.
- Author BiographyRichard Michael O'Meara served in the Vietnam War as an infantryman and is now a retired soldier. He lives with his wife, Mary, on an island in New Jersey.
- Author(s)Richard Michael O'Meara
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication02/06/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight293 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.