All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
About this product
- DescriptionIt is hard to imagine an America without the Greyhound Bus. It is an institution woven into the fabric of the nation. It has provided the mobility that American s have always treasured. When personal transportation was in its infancy and car ownership limited, Greyhound provided fast, reliable, safe, and ecomical local and regional transportation for the masses. Increasingly, the company grew in size and scope, achieving the goal of its founders to develop a nationwide system of transportation. Profusely illustrated with period advertisements, travel brochures, post cards, and archival photographs of depots and buses, this history of the Greyhound Bus Lines offers a unique journey through America s physical and cultural landscape. Readers can accept this invitation from Greyhound: There is a graceful Greyhound coach waiting to carry you over Roads of Romance . Adventure seems to lurk around every corner as you speed along in the sturdy, blue and white Greyhound bus. All the color and romance, all the scenic and historic interest of this American Wonderland are yours to enjoy when you go the Greyhound way.
- Author BiographyAn avid reader and researcher, Robert Gabrick became interested in trucks and all things mechanical at an early age. Since then Mr. Gabrick went on to become a history teacher, researcher, and writer. He has been awarded 26 separate fellowships and grants for his historical research and papers. About his current truck research, Mr. Gabrick said, The subject is really about history...it is important to preserve the history of these topics. His latest books have earned him the well deserved nickname The Caption King for his well-researched, informative captions.
- Author(s)Robert Gabrick
- Date of Publication01/05/2009
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationHudson, WI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note320
- Weight658 g
- Width280 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.