All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionThe Middle East and North Africa are constantly in the news due to political turmoil, and it is difficult for students in those countries to attend school and live the life of a child or teenager. What is it really like? This volume traces the history of education in countries of the Middle East and North African region, identifying the types of education available for different genders and social classes, and how race, ethnicity and gender affect education for those students. Primary, Secondary, and Post-Secondary educational opportunities are examined, along with curriculum, and teaching menthods. Major reforms and philosophies are also presented. Countries included are: Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, Saudia Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Syria, Leban.
- Author BiographyKwabena Dei Ofori-Attah is an associate professor of education at Capital University in Ohio.
- Author(s)Kwabena Dei Ofori-Attah
- Date of Publication30/07/2008
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleThe Global School Room
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.