Going to University Abroad: A Guide to Studying Outside the UK by Anthony Hyde, Martin Hyde (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.68Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $21.96+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMore and more students in the world w decide to undertake their university studies in ather country to their own. They see advantages of quality, value and experience in studying abroad and rightly see the experience as a preparation for life and a big plus for their CVs in an increasingly inter-connected world and job market. The world language is w undisputedly English and even universities in n-English speaking countries such as Holland and Denmark, universities that are wanting to attract international students, are switching to teaching university programmes in English. This makes for an unparalleled opportunity for UK students these days, just at a time when UK university fees are increasing significantly. This guide gives an overview of the opportunities available to UK students across the world, from the English speaking counties of the USA, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand, to Asia (India, Hong Kong, Malaysia and Singapore), to offers nearer home, in Europe. As well as information on what is available - the education systems and academic cultures and demands of the different destination countries are explained, application procedures and information on living (accommodation, food, entertainment) are provided and there are self-development exercises that will help with the process of cultural readjustment that you as a UK student are likely to undergo and need to understand. The book covers information for both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes and recommends ideal destination countries for these. Tips and advice on how to avoid certain pitfalls while being an international student living abroad are provided.
- Author BiographyMartin Hyde is an expert in international university education. He has extensive experience of working in education, initially in Morocco and the Dominican Republic, and then as a UK university lecturer involved with educational projects across the world. His experience also involves having worked as Assistant Director in a UK international office and being responsible for UK student study abroad placements. He has also recently written a guide to UK university life for international students. Anthony Hyde is a recent graduate of the University of Oxford in Philosophy and Modern Languages. As part of his degree he studied and worked in both Spain and Argentina. He is currently working in Higher Education, and has undertaken extensive research into study abroad markets for UK students.
- Author(s)Anthony Hyde,Martin Hyde
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/12/2013
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note26 black & white illustrations, 33 black & white tables, 26 black & white line drawings
- Weight294 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $89.67New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $30.78New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
- AU $28.32Trending at AU $30.23
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.