All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionDo you want to learn how to create computer war games, but don't kw how to get started or don't have any experience with game programming? Going to War: Creating Computer War Games shows you how to use the drag-and-drop game engine, Multimedia Fusion 2, to make your very own computer war games to play and share. After an introduction to the Multimedia Fusion 2 interface and the basics of how to use it, you'll get started on the game that you'll create throughout the course of the book. You'll begin by making your game map, using a system of hexagon tiles to create the terrain and the different units you want to include in your game such as soldiers and tanks. Then you'll learn how to set rules for player movement, different types of terrain, and combat. You'll even find more advanced techniques such as how to implement officers, fortifications, and even a simple monetary system in your games. The book even discusses how to track and find bugs in your games and how to create an editor that allows you to easily apply data you've already created to new games. Everything you need to build your own war games is included with the book, and by the time you've worked your way through it you'll have designed your very own working and playable war game.
- Author BiographyJason Darby is a game designer for one of Europe's leading game developers and publishers, working on a leading AAA game title for the PS3 and Xbox platforms. Jason is the author of a number of game-creation books, including Make Amazing Games in Minutes; Power User's Guide to Windows Development; Awesome Game Creation, Third Edition; Game Creation for Teens; Going to War: Creating Computer War Games; Picture Yourself Creating Video Games; and Wizards and Warriors: Massively Multiplayer Online Game Creation, all published by Cengage Learning. Jason has also had a number of articles published in the UK press, including in Retro Gamer and PC Format, both leading magazines in their field.
- Author(s)Jason Darby
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication05/03/2009
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectComputer Games: User Guides
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Noteill
- Weight990 g
- Width190 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.